Interview With Pratik Kamat – The Multi Talented Man – Pratik is a Head Writer & Actor at ScoopWhoop. He loves acting & writing. And after watching his videos we can say that he is fantastic actor & writes amazing video & series content.
Read This Interview To Know More About Him.
1. Your early life info like – birthplace, school, college, degree?
Pratik – I was born in a middle class household in the suburbs of Mumbai. My dad was a school teacher and he wanted me to become a school teacher like him. I was very good at studies and I was a university topper. I had even gotten a scholarship to do Aeronautical Engineering but I realized that writing and acting was what I wanted to do. So I quit that for becoming an actor.
2. How do you find interest in acting & writing?
Pratik – From childhood I was a Bollywood fan and thus that was what I wanted to be.
3. Where did you learn?
Pratik – I learned acting from Barry John’s acting school in Mumbai and Stella Adler school of Film in NY.
4. According to you self learning or learning from an expert. Which one has more impact?
Pratik – I think one has to do both since each has its own benefits. One day Ranveer came to teach in our class and I think I really learned a lot that day.
5. What do you like more acting or writing?
Pratik – I like acting a lot since it is so much fun.
6. How much it was difficult pursue your dream ?
Pratik – It was very difficult as I faced multiple rejections from various places before I got my big break. Many a times I did think about quitting.
7. In such a cutthroat competition what is your USP?
Pratik – I think my USP is that I can both write as well as act.
8. You have done comedy videos. So do you want to write & act in different genres videos, films, and web series?
Pratik – Yeah, absolutely. I think the more you do, the more versatile you become as a performer.
9. Which is your favorite genre?
Pratik – I love Malayalam cinema a lot.
10. Which is your favorite video or web series which you have written or acted in it?
Pratik – Worst dates on ScoopWhoop is my favorite.
11. Do you have any dream role or project?
Pratik – I want to work with SRK one day. Hopefully it will happen.
12. To whom you look up to? Any role model?
Pratik – I think Christopher Nolan is someone I really look up to.
13.What was the first reaction of your family when you told them that you want to choose acting or writing as your profession?
Pratik – They were against it. But once they saw my work they were OK with it.
14. Is your family being supportive when you told them that you want to become an actor ? If not, then how did you convince?
Pratik – They were supportive since my mom also wanted to act in movies, but because of financial condition she could not do so. So she is happy I’m living her dream.
15. Share some suggestions for the upcoming beginners of your stream?
Pratik – Keep working hard and you will get success.
16. What is your biggest dream?
Pratik – To work in a Hollywood movie.
We had a great interview with Pratik & We wish him all the best for his upcoming videos, series, & film projects.